Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Parisian Chic - Bomber/Jean Jackets

Just a little Parisian chic fashion video to satisfy your craving ;)


"Even if I'm not from Paris, I feel like I can be Parisian chic just by feeling inspired by magazines and fashion.  And on the streets of Paris, it's so inspiring you know, just looking at all the amazing fashion and how the girls dress here."

I completely, 100% agree!  I would like to feel like I am Parisian chic, even though the boring Midwest of the United States is FAR from Paris.  But one thing I would like to point out... A bunch of Parisians in this video were wearing leather bomber jackets (aka aviator jacket), including in the background just walking down the street.  According to Valerie Steele, director and chief curator of the museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, bomber jackets are "chic and a little tough at the same time."
Which reminds me that I need one, especially since it's been on my mental shopping list for the past month or so.  Speaking of jackets, a new jean jacket would be nice too.  I saw a couple in the Parisian chic video as well, and my own jean jacket is getting kindof scruffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment