Saturday, October 16, 2010

Barcelona Street Fashion and Spanish Mealtimes

I was just told by my parents that we will be traveling to Chicago for Christmas, mainly to see family but also because my parents were both raised there and they'd like me to see all the snow there during the winter (we don't get that much in Missouri). So since it's about twenty degrees colder than Missouri, as I've heard, I'll need to be on the look-out for heavier winter coats than I'm used to. But right now I'm so excited for the malls with multiple floors, since our small mall in my city is only one floor.
I've also been working in a project for Spanish III about different foods they eat in Espana. I found the recipe for Tarta de Cappuchino, and it actually turned out better than I thought it would. I'd definitely reccomend looking up the recipe if you like coffee cake.
By the way, I found another good video about Barcelona street fashion:


In addition to the recipe for my spanish class, I had to find some extra information about the food. For example, Spaniards would usually eat the coffee cake for breakfast, tea, or as a snack, since dessert is usually fruit. But other than that, since Tarta de Cappuchino isn't really a traditional food they may eat on holidays or other big events, there wasn't really a history that I could write about. So instead, I looked up the different meal times in Spain, which I found really interesting.
Breakfast (Desayuno) is 9 - 10am
Pre-lunch snack (Chateo) is 1 - 2:30pm
Lunch (Almuerzo) is 1:30 - 3pm
Tea (Merienda) is 6 - 7pm
Pre-dinner snack (Chateo) is 9 - 10:30pm
Dinner (Cena) is 10 - 12pm

No comments:

Post a Comment